Sigmat steel frames and the componentry used in their assembly are manufactured from steel that is itself up to 40% recycled and can be 100% recycled at the end of building life. Our buildings have a design life estimated at 250 years.
Design Life Prediction
- For light steel framing in a 'warm frame' environment, design life predictions are in excess of 250 years.
- NHBC and other housing warranty providers require a design life in excess of 60 years, and accept the use of light gauge steel construction.
- Light steel sections are protected from corrosion by continuous hot-dip zinc coating.
- Steel does not shrink, warp or change shape.
- Light steel construction can be used for walls, floors, roofs, suspended ground floors.
- Galvanised steel does not suffer from fungal or biological deterioration and is not susceptible to insect infestation.
- Even in uninsulated roof constructions, light steel sections provide a design life in excess of 100 years.